On Angel Wing is based in the South West of England and was set up by Carole Ann Powell in January 2009

visit http://www.onangelwing.co.uk/ for details of survices and products offered

Tuesday 1 February 2011

The Answer is

The question’s why
And the answer is always
“Because I said so”

I was told what I felt, what to do, what to think, what to believe, how to be
When I asked why,
the answer was
“Because I said so”

I was told I had to do this or that even when it hurt me, or else…………….
I rarely asked why,
 I just did it
Because they said so

I was told I’d made a mistake and the price I paid, hurt me
I asked for help
I was told I was stupid, I would never learn
I didn’t ask why

I was told I had to love them, no matter what
I wondered why it was expected
I believed because they said so

I became one of them
I was an adult, just like them
It was expected,
Because they said so

They had been mistaken, I had paid the price
I changed my mind, I changed my ways, and I heard my answer
 I am not them, I am myself
I make mistakes, I learn from them, I do things differently
I now decide what I feel, what I think, what to do, what to be
I choose how, where, and when and with whom
If  I ask myself the question why
The answer may be because I like to and yes
 Because I say so

© 2011 Carole Ann Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment